16 March 2012
"The Indian rural households which are still a significant chunk at 68 per cent of the total over 85 per cent are using biomass for cooking purposes. As per the Census 2011, more than 65 per cent of all Indian households are using biomass fuel for cooking purposes while LPG/PNG comes second with around 29 per cent share..."
OIL & GAS
- India keen on expanding O&G explorations in Vietnam
- 'Demand in India, China to be responsible for high oil prices'
- Thai Govt wants refiners to build up oil stocks
- Suzlon Group to launch latest low-wind 1.5 MW turbine for India
- Iran to build power plant in Syria
- China electricity industry to reduce coal consumption rate by 2015