06 July 2012
"While, thermal plants use water to cool hot steams to turn the electric turbines, the consumption of water in hydro-electric plants is completely different. The consumptive use of water in hydropower generation is due to evaporative loss of water in large open reservoirs..."
OIL & GAS
- ONGC may acquire overseas assets for $8.8 bn
- Soon, petrol prices may change daily
- China, Singapore exempted from US Iran oil sanctions
- 'India should take lead in defining sustainable development goals post Rio'
- Australian coal price forecasts look optimistic
- DP CleanTech builds rice-to-power plant in Philippines